Start Time:7:30 AM
End Time:10:30 AM
Location:RubinBrown Kansas City Office
Address:1200 Main Street Suite 1000
The Office of Management and Budget's "Uniform Guidance" has now been effective for more than two years. This massive release contains numerous sweeping changes to the way Single Audits work, the way costs are charged to federal grants, and the administrative requirements associated with federal grants. Many organizations are still wrestling with the implementation of these requirements, and various questions have been raised regarding its various provisions. This seminar will break down the provisions of the Uniform Guidance into layman's terms, help you to understand the requirements, give you a plan of action to implement these changes, and address common questions and concerns related to the Uniform Guidance.
*An optional GASB Update will also be offered at our Kansas City seminar!
During the last 30 minutes of the seminar, we will cover a comprehensive overview of accounting and financial reporting developments for state and local governments covering the implementation of GASB 72 through GASB 87. If this portion of the seminar does not pertain to you, please feel free to leave after the Single Audit Update.
- Changes to single audit requirements under the Uniform Guidance
- Changes to grant compliance requirements contained in the 2017 single audit compliance supplement
- Changes to procurement requirements under the Uniform Guidance
- Internal control requirements and findings in recent inspections
- Single audit reporting requirements and areas of emphasis
- Other single audit developments
- Single audit resources
7:30 - 8:00 a.m. - Registration, Networking & Breakfast
8:00 - 10:00 a.m. - Single Audit Update
10:00 - 10:30 a.m. - GASB Update
Continuing Professional Education
CPE Credit: Two
Meeting Type: Seminar
Field of Study: Yellow Book & Auditing
Level of Knowledge: Basic