Recognizing the complexities surrounding the not-for-profit industry are unique, RubinBrown has established a dedicated group to serve these organizations.
Our team includes experienced professionals, all of whom possess industry expertise, as well as the tools essential to serve all types of not-for-profit organizations.
As one of the largest public accounting firms in the region, our team has access to resources to assist with tax consulting, employee benefits, advisory services, regulatory, compliance and much more.
RubinBrown is recognized as a leader in the not-forprofit industry and currently serves more than 150 organizations.
Focused On Religious Organizations
To better serve our not-for-profit clients and help focus on the specific and complex issues faced by different facets of the not-for-profit industry, we have aligned our professionals in segments, including our "Religious Organizations Group."
Our team understands that religious organizations face unique challenges resulting from:
- Ministries and missions
- Economic effects on investments and earnings
- Aging population and decline in donor support
- Changing demographics and effect on membership / attendance levels
- Dependence on assistance from volunteers
- Struggle of meeting members’ needs and future health of the organization
- Cash basis operations and necessary control environment
We are well versed in issues related to religious organizations and able to provide expert guidance on all
operational and accounting issues.
The RubinBrown Not-For-Profit Industry Group also provides specialized services to:
- Arts Organizations
- Private Schools
- Social Service Agencies
- Trade & Membership Organizations
Not-For-Profit Religious Organizations Services
Assurance and Accounting Services
- Audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements
- Preparation of comprehensive management letters
- Agreed-upon procedures for policies & procedures
Tax Compliance Services
While many religious organizations do not require tax filings, tax returns may be necessary in some cases, for example, auxiliary groups.
- Preparation of Forms 990, 990-T and 990-PF
- Preparation of Forms 1023/1024 for start-up not-for-profit organizations
- Assistance with Internal Revenue Service examinations
- Preparation of Form 5500 for pension and 403(b) plans
- Internal control and operational reviews
- Assistance implementing management letter recommendations to improve controls/procedures and minimize material weaknesses and deficiencies
- Best practices implementation
- Information technology general controls reviews
- Unrelated business income tax research
- Planning for complex structures and reorganizations of tax-exempt organizations
- Payroll (including clergy taxes), property, sales and use tax issues
- Planning and compliance issues for section 403(b) plans and other retirement plans
- Computer consulting including software/hardware selection, installation reviews and training
- Forensic accounting
- Financial analysis and review
- Accounting and personnel manuals
Religious Organizations Services Leaders
Please contact one of these Not-For-Profit Religious Organization leaders for more information:
Judy Murphy, CPA
Rick Aselage, CPA
Sharon Latimer, CPA
Debra Leible, CPA
Manager-In-Charge of Religious Organization Segment Leader
Events and Seminars
|Contract Liability & Indemnity Issues For Manufacturers (St. Louis)|
Wed May 29 @ 8:00AM - 09:30AM
|Not-For-Profit Investments Seminar (St. Louis)|
Wed Jun 19 @ 8:00AM - 10:00AM