Data analysis is the combination of skills and tools that enables compliance personnel and internal auditors to gain insight into business processes and transactions.
Data analysis is useful in audit planning, performance, and reporting. In the planning process, it can provide an in-depth insight into trends and attributes of the population not found through traditional audit approaches by looking at 100% of the data, rather than just a representative sample.
Data analysis also provides valuable insights to business leaders outside of the audit process by consolidating and linking decentralized data from different systems into a single analysis.
This analysis provides management insights into transactions, as well as customer, employee and vendor relationships, which they can use to proactively monitor risks across business operations and support benchmarking across functions.
What Can RubinBrown Do For You?
RubinBrown’s Data Services team combines industry experience, functional specialists and state of the art audit and analysis tools, such as ACL, IDEA and SAS, to provide you with insight and a fresh perspective about your business, division, process or control environment.
Our analysts not only design audit tests, but also help management identify hidden risks, flag abnormal transactions and provide valuable insights into the business. RubinBrown Data Assurance & Analysis Services team can also provide you with automated end-to-end data analytic solutions.
Data Assurance & Analysis Services
- Computer audit techniques (with ACL and IDEA)
- Continuous auditing and/or monitoring solutions
- Automated controls testing
- Business intelligence solutions (Business Analytics, KPIs, KRIs, KCIs)
- Cost recovery
- Data quality and integrity management for:
- Integration and system consolidation/migration
- Contract compliance (royalty, licensee, franchisee, service level)
- Forensic investigations
- Customer, contract, billing, and vendor data integrity and quality checks
- Segregation of duties within and across ERPs