The SEC has published a final rule adopting revisions to the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval System (EDGAR) Filer Manual to reflect updates to the EDGAR system.
This manual contains all the technical specifications for filers to submit filings using the EDGAR system.
The revisions to the EDGAR Filer Manual are being made primarily to:
- Support submission of Confidential Registration Statements
- Require Form ID authentication documents in PDF format
- Automate Large Trader identification generation for certain registrations
- Support minor updates to Form D
- Remove superseded XBRL Taxonomies
- Remove the expiration date from Forms TA-1, TA-2, TA-W, 25-NSE
- Provide filers the ability to request the return of unused funds
The full text of the final rule is available by clicking here.
Readers should not act upon information presented without individual professional consultation.
Back to Accounting & Audit Alert
Back to Public Company E-News