Technology and the way its used is constantly and rapidly changing. With these changes come new trends. Fleet telematics are no exception as the technological advances make the possibilities seem endless.
New trends include:
- Faster networks allowing for greater bandwidth and faster downloads
- Greater smartphone and tablet integration for real-time on-the-go fleet management
- Application programming interface with third-party applications including back-office systems
- Yard navigation with precise turn-by-turn directions
- Social media integration for employee and customer contact
- Direct connections with customers through access to fleet management applications
- Photo reporting of a job well done
- Video monitoring to review driving practices and aid training
- Standard original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or factory-fit telematics equipment on new fleet vehicles
- Improved prognostics for vehicle maintenance
- Compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requirements
- Adoption by small businesses
Implementation of these telematics trends can maximize your fleet management and take your business to the next level.
Potential tax implications exist due to differences in the way equipment, software and subscriptions are treated for sales, use and income tax purposes. Contact your RubinBrown advisor for a detailed consultation regarding these trends and how they may benefit you.
Any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments): (i) is intended for your use only; (ii) is based on the accuracy and completeness of the facts you have provided us; and (iii) may not be relied upon to avoid penalties.
All Transportation & Dealerships News Transportation & Dealerships Overview