The Department of Education has created a Coronavirus webpage, which will be updated frequently and can be found here.
On March 5, 2020, the Department of Education released guidance for interruptions of study related to COVID-19. The guidance can be found here.
Included in the guidance are sample scenarios of how students might be impacted directly by COVID-19 or indirectly by actions of their campus. The guidance contains information on:
- Student accommodations around enrollment
- Distance education
- Foreign schools
- Federal Work Study
- Length of Academic Year
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Students who did not begin attendance
- Enrollment status changes
- Return of Title IV Funds
- Definition of a Withdrawal Date
- Date of determination and timeframes for returns
- Rentering the same payment period
- NSLDS enrollment reporting
We encourage you to visit the Department of Education Conoravirus webpage for updates and additional detail. We will continue to monitor for updates and share additional information.
Readers should not act upon information presented without individual professional consultation.
Any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments): (i) is intended for your use only; (ii) is based on the accuracy and completeness of the facts you have provided us; and (iii) may not be relied upon to avoid penalties.